Wednesday, January 31, 2007

cards and cocoa


ice
snow
freezing rain
blue gray clouds
smiles and open mouths


we've seen it all today... sounds like a good day for my homemade hot chocolate!!
here is the recipe:
1/2 c cocoa
1 can of Borden's Sweetened Condensed milk
1/8 t salt (I use sea salt in everything calling for salt!)
1-2 t vanilla (if you can get Mexican vanilla it is delicious and so close to a vanilla bean!)
stir these in a pot and then slowly add 6 cups of hot water.
do not boil this mixture- just get warm and steamy...
top with a marshmallow or even better is some whipped cream :) delish!

here is my update on the Valentine Swap at SCS.

This wonderful art is created by Stampin' Terri
This card has so much dimention to it - unreal! To get this as a Valentine's Card would be a real treat! I showed it to a friend of mine and even she mentioned the silver embossing going around one of hte hearts- you have to see it and feel it- so much texture!! I once taught a boy who was blind- I had to convert all my history notes to braile for him. This card has so much going on and every layer has something to offer the sense of touch!!! Go ahead, the next time you get a card close your eyes and touch it.. does it strike that sense in you?? where you know it's special?? This would be the card I would give Michael. He could feel all the time and talent put into it!
Materials she used for this card are: Fancy and Flexible Phrases, Wild Hearts, Loving Hearts; Paper:Shimmery White (which has a texture to it too!) Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Silver Metalic; Ink: Craft White, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Taken with Teal, Uniball White Gel Pen; Accessories: Silver Metalic Brads, silver cord, rose grosgrain ribbon, winter white EP, silver EP, Microbeads(what a texture these have and make a great shimmer!), chipboard hearts- provide great dimension!
I'm impressed- are you?? Go over to her site and check her out!!!

I gotta crash... the kids have been hopping all day... here's one more I did for another shaker swap... enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The best Mexican Vanilla I know of can be found at http://www.MexicanVanillaExtract.com. It's awesome and very strong! I'm not affiliated with them, just thought you should know of a great place to get it!