Thursday, February 01, 2007

Alora Sweetser... her name says it all- doesn't it?
get a load of her FRESH card!

the colors are yumm-o!!
it's all in the details, I tell ya!! Alora stamped the background in a monochromatic color and then layered it on from there! I *love* her watercoloring and how well she blends- awesomw! Good things come in 3s: faux stitching, dotted ribbonm and the barads- all these elements keep your eyes flowing! The sweet little stamped "valentine" is just the right touch. It's not your ordinary Valentine... it's for sure special!
Her gallery is full of inspiration and she curls her images to give dimension!
I love dimension on images and my scrappy friend Jeanne does phenomenal work like this. I first saw this curling of objects in an Aussie site and fell in love! I need to get on the ball and do it too!

3 comments:

Kristine said...

That card is very sweet...I love all the colors/layers going on!! Alora's very creative :o)

Hey...thanks for the comment on my Strawberry Shortcake, and I would LOVE to see a pic of your communion cake!! Do you happen to use Wilton cake pans/methods?? I sent 1/2 my supplies down to Mexico to help some ladies start a business down there, which included my Wilton year books! I just haven't gotten any more, so I should get on that. Just wonderin' :o) Congrats to your nephew on his first communion!

Jennifer Sizemore said...

That is a very pretty card!!

Oh, and your homemade hot chocolate sounds yummy. I am now going to have to comb all the local international markets to find Mexican Vanilla!

Thanks for your comments on my banners!

Cindy Lou Who said...

I am so happy to see you have a blog!! I have saved ya to my favs and will visit back often!
(((hugs)))