Sunday, January 28, 2007

shaking out the cobwebs!

yep, I finally figured it out.. I made a watermark into a brush..
it took 3 scrappy/stampy websites to figure it out for all the cobwebs in my brain.
I commented on Gina K's blog that it was either lack of sleep, kids running around or how much they nursed...
sucked the brain cells right out of me!! lol!
I hopped from The Shaker Box where the owner, Michele C., gave me her input (thanks, girlie!) to Two Peas in a Bucket to SCS to figure out what I was doing right and wrong! whew- finally figured it out!!! and in the mean time not only did I figure out how to make a watermark but created a brush!!! Have you see how fun those things are? If you are a digiscrapper it is so cool!!! I've seen Rhonna Ferrer use them on her things- lovely!!! (I am so envious of digiscrappers... it seems to fast to me.. make a mistake- no worries "control z" that baby outa there! lol!

Anyway, I hope to make a "class" at The Shaker Box on how to create a watermark and a brush. It really is easy and fun to do!! It's a brave new world when I shake out a cobweb or 2! lol!

So.
onto posting a swap I was in at SplitcoastStampers! Sarah had a fabulous idea about creating a Valentine's swap just for bloggers! How cool is that?? The idea was that we would create the cards, send them to her, she would swap them out and send them back to us. We had 12 in the group - it might seem like a lot but when I got into the grove of it I had a great time and had a ball working with my new stamps! (more on that in a minute) Anyway, so we each got one card from all the other players- love this- we get to see someone else's creativity and share in their excitement!! The catch to this special swap was to post all the cards on our blog and a link to that person's blog- great idea, huh??? I LOVE It!

Without further a do... here is the first card I want to share:

I used DeNami Design Stamps and American Crafts paper. The ribbon I have had in my stash for quite some time. The heart and cupid are both on foam tape and have also been colored with PrismaColors and then blended using Gamsol and stumps. It did take some time but it was all worth it. I had first stamped the cupid and then masked him off and stamped the heart around it....and then followed it up by restamping the cupid and using foam tape to pop it up again! I love the pink tushy it has! lol! The wings are covered in glitter glue just for that extra sparkle! gotta love glitter glue!


This second image is by Stamperosity. I think her style is clean and simple.. I love checking out what she has come up with lately... did you see what she got for Christmas for taking photos??? really an awesome set up! gotta love that! Do you know when you see a card from far off and there it is- the one that stands out because of the unexpected?? This is the card- the unexpected is the teal blue- really striking in a Valentine!!! The textures of this card are super in that Lynn used glitter, embossing, lots of layers, and 2 types of ribbon- lucious!
here is her recipe for success:
technique (thanks for doing this one- I had never seen it in person!) alchohol Polished Stone, Heat Embossing
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, Glossy CS, Temping Turquoise, DS PP/Loves Me
In: Craft Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Real Red
Misc: rubbing alcohol, embossing powder, stickles, ribbon, dimensionals
Stamps: Noteworthy, Double Line Doodle, Floral

1 comment:

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

Love this...I need to get this set before its gone from the mini!!