Tuesday, January 16, 2007

chores to blessings


overwhelmed...
housework
ebay
more housework
spending time with kids
not being frustrated...


how do you handle it? what comes first? I think sometimes if I make a list it will be accomplished...
if I do the 15 min thing it will get done..
why can't we have a genie in a bottle every once in a while to make even one measely wish or chore come true...
why can't we wrinkle our noses and have it all great like in Bewitched???
I DO have faith.. if you read my blog you know I am full of faith... but just the mundane chores to disappear if given half a chance I would do!!! lol!

I did...
I prayed for runny noses... rubbing against me.. ok.. .maybe not that but you get the pic...
I prayed for extra loads of laundry...
I prayed for having to find a menu that will work for more than just me and dh...
I prayed for no hair do days... more like "hair don't days"
I prayed for toys strewn across the floor...
I prayed for snuggles...
I wished, I prayed..... I even wrinkled my nose a time or two...
so why do I feel overwhelmed???
because of all these blessings....

whew- journaling is a good thing- don't you think??? you get it out in the open... and then figure it out... it's all a blessing that is all across my floor... in the hamper... on the counters... outside by the sandbox..... it's all a blessing...

I am so glad I am so blessed... I remember nights and days of tears hoping for these blessings...

as I tried to explain my sense of overwhelming thoughts to my dh I explained my desire to have yet another baby... yep, amidst this chaos... amidst all these blessings.....
**angel above was stamped in Stazon, colored with Prismacolor pencils (my Christmas present from my dh) and then I used Gamsol (odorless mineral spirits) and a stump. I think she turned out really well... I will take her and make a card for a friend. She always sends the kids things in the mail... she told me she keeps all the handmade cards I send her. Sweet. She collects fairies but I was in the mood for an angel for her. I have stories of angels and will some day blog about that too. Probably in February. **

1 comment:

JB said...

TWo things... first of all, now you've had TWO snows and I had none - what is happening with this world - not fair! ;-) Secondly, you made me cry with your blessings blog. Granted, I don't have children, although I hope I will have them someday, but I can feel your frustration and gratitude at the same time. Be proud that you are certainly making the most of your prayers come true! You're a great mom, and a great friend, sister... But I know that it would be nice to just put everything on "pause" just for a few moments... I hope the quietness of snow helped.
Love ya!