Wednesday, July 23, 2008

and I have how long??

oh my
I have to run
just one more errand
make one more meal
fold one more set of laundry
check my bag... again...

I went to the doc today... She set me up on some machine that watches baby's heartbeat, counts contractions and when the baby moves, kicks or wiggles I push a button and it registers...
nurse walks in..
"hey, that was a big contraction.... did you feel that??"
uhhhhhhhhhhh, yeah... but it wasn't the pull the bottom lip over my head to handle the pain so it's all good...
right???? lol!
So Dr. Emily checks and I am effaced at 50% still.... but all those crazy contractions I had this last weekend finally got some dialation... to a 2
This is where I was the night before with my other 3... ack!

time to put it in hyperdrive....
I got the calendar to mark what the baby does and who comes to visit for the first year...
I have done this for all of my kids and it's always something fun to look at after the year is gone.. but also it helps when I have to go to the pediatrician to ask questions... I can never keep things straight...

I have been looking for a WaterBaby for Mr. T... he is not too happy that a baby will take over a crib. It's not imperative that we move the crib up but it sure does make for cute photo ops! lol! Anyway, a waterbaby is a dolly that can be filled with water so it has the weight of a baby rather than a doll. It does not poop, pee, cry or anything else... it is just there to be snuggled by the youngest sibling. The nurses are all into this at our hospital and know that we have done this for the other kiddos so they put warm water in the dolly, wrap it in a hospital blanket and put a cap on the baby just like the real baby. It is then put into the baby bassinet in the hospital room so that the sibling has a chance to meet her/his baby and take care of it.

So, one more thing... find the baby for Mr. T so he has a baby of his own....

No comments: