Monday, May 03, 2010

breathe.love.pray.

I went on a retreat my good friend Kim created. This mama wakes every morning at 5am, puts on a pot of coffee and says the Rosary every morning! Her house is quiet and she takes this opportunity to reflect on the daily readings and then blogs when she gets a chance for a clear thought.

I felt compelled to write as the 2 speakers discussed motherhood, kids, husbands, and our faith. I had slips of paper in my pockets, in my camera bag and even one written on a "hello my name is..." lol! This one I peeled apart and stuck on a magnet on my fridge. Perhaps, I will get to blog about that one later.
The first part of the retreat was about motherhood - we laughed, cried and listened intently- trying to be in the moment of it all. The second part was about the mysteries of the Rosary. You would think since I grew up going to a Catholic school and being a cradle Catholic I would know all of this?? For what ever reason I am so glad I got to go and grow!

No comments: